Monday, March 28, 2011

Shortbread first timer con/ Cornstarch

This recipe is pretty basic and easy to manipulate. I'm just warning you now. Be prepared for future mutations to this recipe.

1 cup butter (go ahead and use salted)
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cup flour
1 Vanilla bean pod
leftover raspberries (for snacking on)

375 degrees








I bought a pack of vanilla beans from Granville Island for a really good price. I forgot what it was. I do remember it being better than anywhere else I ever bought 'em.
split the bean lengthwise and scrape beans


Tastes kinda bland so i added some lavender infused honey. Any honey would do. I plan on getting some food grade lavender for the next time. Lavender is the new matcha powder.
Playlist 
Borderline by Madonna
Kindling by Architecture in Helsinki
Total Hate by No Doubt feat. Sublime
Now I've Found You by Hellcat and the Prowl

3 comments:

  1. is it true that all your children are the same race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is true. I disposed of the ones that weren't.

    If you are interested, you can make a bid on Thomas. He's starting to develop some impure features such as amazing basketball skills, and rhyming.

    ReplyDelete