Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mis Trucos

I got a voucher to eat at this place called Mis Trucos on Davie and Thurlow. I've been wanting to try this place for awhile cuz i read a good review in one of the local papers, and the place looks really cute, like a house. The voucher was good for two 6 course custom crafted tasting menus based on the season's fresh offerings. I took my darling friend  Derek Cardigan, cuz he's down with this shit. And i love him. And he's a brat.

What a diva.

Gin Gin Mule- gin, house made ginger beer, mint, lime
 This crispy bread wrap was so good! Light and crispy and delicate. Served atop a wonderful ailoioioio.
Crispy bread wrapped wild prawn + aioli

wild mushrooms, monkfish, something

a seafood stew with lobster broth

i forgot what this was, but it was my FAVE

Derek thought we wasn't gonna get full- but we did.

porkloin and mashed potato, arugula

panna cotta with praline

I absolutely adore this place and will come back again to try things off their regular menu. The six course tasting menu is actually a really good deal at $35. It's better than having a humongous 3 course menu cuz you get to try different things. The atmosphere was modern yet non pretentious, and our server was really cool and not fake. I can't wait to come back :D

Dee.

1 comment: